Friday 9 April 2021

napowrimo 5

The official prompt was a container poem -- you take a poem rip all the words out and use the cadence and first letter of each line. 

I used the Irish airman foresees his fate by Yeats. I couldn't think of a theme, my partner suggested making a dress from bread. As you do.

The Goblin Girl

I dreamt that I must make a dress
Somehow all stitched from old rye bread;
To cover up and then undress
The zombie army of undead.
My fingers nimble like a mouse;
My tailor nose is all a twitch.
Never let fairies in your house,
Or they'll enchant your every stitch.
No potion, wizard, dragon maid;
No earthly source, no rite of way;
All endings of all charms are paid
Drown all your tools at break of day
I called a girl to wear the dress
To test the stitching and the wear
And to the ball she went, I guess.
I saw her at the goblin fair

1 comment:

  1. I love what you've done here. Well done. I think you should thank your husband for the bread thing. It works well, gives an image ...

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete