Wednesday 1 April 2015

NAPOWRIMO DAY 1 (prompt: I guess it's too late)

I guess it's too late to get my purse now the bus has gone and I am on it
My keys, my phone, my credit cards left sitting strange on some car bonnet
I guess it's too late to take a breath, unquench my rage, unvent my spleen
Better to have my worldly goods, than tell some crap cyclist what I mean
I guess it's too late to leave on time and catch the bus that leaves at eight
And miss the pavement cycling freak who knocked me flat outside my gate
I guess it's too late to pour again , unspill the coffee, unstain the shirt
And then not have to change again cos I put on one that's smeared with dirt
I guess it's too late to go back to sleep and wake again without the hurt
That churned within my sleeping mind, so my first words were words of hurt
I guess it's too late to start again. I guess it's too late to start again
It's far too late to start again

                                                 It's never too late to start again
It’s never too late for anything. To breathe and pause and start again
Rub down the bruises and numb the pain. It’s never too late to start again
Cancel the cards and recut the keys, accept the blow from insurance fees
Make all the calls and fix what you can, leave all the rest -- it can go hang
It’s never too late for anything, the day’s what you make it at anytime

No comments:

Post a Comment